Dates: TBC for 2018
- To understand the range of mental health and wellbeing issues through specific research.
- To be aware of qualities and attitudes needed for working with mental health and wellbeing.
- To improve your skills and confidence to talk with people about their mental health and wellbeing.
- To appreciate the value of self-help and understand the resources available to people for this.
- To use the ‘five areas’ model in conversations about mental health and wellbeing.
- To apply the ‘five areas’ model to understand your own and others’ experience of distress.
- To use a number of methods to help people unravel their distressing feelings and experiences.
- To practice skills needed to start, follow and end a conversation about mental health and wellbeing.
- To make the connection to the promotion and use of self-help resources.