Dates: TBC for 2018
- Be able to define the term Dementia.
- Recognise the different types of Dementia.
- Be able to list the different causes of Dementia.
- Be familiar with the major signs and symptoms of Dementia.
- Understand how Dementia is diagnosed.
- Explore the impact of Dementia upon the individual and family members.
- How to support a person with Dementia.
- Discuss ‘treatments’ currently in use for Dementia.
- Recognise some of the major behavioural challenges presented by Dementia.
- Maintaining dignity of people with Dementia.
- Be familiar with the major terminology used in Dementia care.
- Will understand the implications of the Supreme Court decision in March 2014 in relation to Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards, (DoLS).