Dates: TBC for 2018.
- What is understood by positive mental health.
- Recognise the indicators of resilience.
- Understand the spectrum effect of wellness to health.
- Compare and contrast Neuroses with Psychoses.
- Define terminology including: ‘Anxiety, Obsession, Depression, Mania.’
- Be familiar with other terminology including: ‘Cognitive, Affective, Delusion, Hallucination.’
- Will understand the major signs and symptoms of the main types of mental ill health.
- Will be able to describe some of the impact poor health has on people’s lives.
- Outline some of the interventions used in mental health including: Talking Therapies, Drugs, their rationale and major side effects.
- Discuss other issues such as Electro Convulsive Therapy and some controversial treatments.
- Understand the Five Ways to Wellbeing and the Wheel of Mental Health.