We are seeking a Support Worker to provide one-to-one support for an elderly female to live independently in her own home.
The successful candidate will need to be pro-active, resilient, able to use own initiative and have prior experience of mental health issues, either through a family connection or professional capacity. The applicant should be well-mannered, caring, friendly and patient. A current driving license is essential for this post.
• Provide support to help maintain positive mental health
• Enable and maintain physical well-being through assistance with physical exercise (for example: gym, swimming and fitness classes)
• Monitor and prompt administration of medication
• Support in attending any medical or general appointments when appropriate
• Assist with personal care when required
• Ensure the hygiene and cleanliness of house is up kept and maintained (for example: kitchen, bathroom, laundry and changing bedding)
• Provide assistance with cooking and meal preparation
• Aid with weekly food shopping
• Provide assistance to get out and about to access community activities
• Support participation in faith activities